Saturday, August 17, 2013

Turf Adventures in South Florida!

I am now in South Florida!  Too new to know what the food culture is or what exciting sustainability projects are happening in my neighborhood. I also what to just relax a bit, get to know people and what folks value instead of coming into a new place with a food justice or any kind of agenda. That said, there are no new Turf projects brewing. Right now, I will just share some of my experiences in a new city and maybe some resources and info in case you decide to visit.

First is Old Fort Lauderdale Breakfast House, a restaurant that uses local foods and is located in downtown Fort Lauderdale. Last week I had a craving for pancakes and decide to try this place out. I saw Florida Corn Oven Pancakes on the menu and knew I had to try it. Baked in a buttered cast iron skillet, made with fresh corn, and served with Vermont maple syrup it is a delicious combination of sweet and savory and it's enough to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment