Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bamboo Moves


Besides eating healthy, I try and incorporate physical activities and meditation in my life. It helps me address the stress of daily life in an urban city. This weekend I had a chance to visit Bamboo Moves with, Jessica, a csa member who recommended this yoga spot to me.

Not having participated in a yoga class for over a year, I was a bit nervous. I wasn’t sure if I would fit in and be able to keep up with the class? However, the staff was very warm and friendly, the participants were of all different ages, ethnicities, body types, and level of experiencing, which made it easy for me to clear my mind and just enjoy the yoga session.

After the session, I felt immediate benefits. My blood was circulating and I felt a flow of energy running through my body. But more importantly, I was reminded that yoga is a personal journey of mind, body and spirit and that my earlier fears in taking the class were common fears that keep many people from practicing yoga.

Bamboo Moves is a little haven in the Bronx that focuses on self care. They offers yoga classes (including classes for children) and other wellness classes at affordable rates. I highly recommend taking a class. For more information on Bamboo Moves, go to http://www.bamboomovesthebronx.com/ .

Posted by Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment